.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Everyone knows that I am a little crazy! Well ok maybe more than just a little so here are my thoughts on life and the world as we perceive it.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Pain of Friendship

I know that those two words are not normally accociated with each other. I also know that I am not going to associate them the way that some of you are thinking I am (You know who you are).

I have said it before friendship is one of the most amazing gifts. I can't even begin to understand it. Friends choose to continue to be there regardless of how many stupid jokes you tell, or when you are having a bad day and bite every ones head off, or no matter how much of a fool you make of yourself when you go out, or even when you do stupid little ballerina twirls to keep from falling and then act like nothing happened. It is just hard to rationtalize the fact that out of the billions of people in the world your friends choose you to spend their time with you and to talk to you when they need a shoulder. Friendship is wonderful.

The drawback to friendship is that it can be oh so painful. No I am not talking about the pain of dealing with their issues or driving to BFE to pick them up. I am talking about the Pain of having to sit back and watch. Watch them make decisions that will hurt them, watch them in pain, and being able to do nothing about it.

I can't stand to watch my friends go through the horrors of life. It is physically painful to me. I hate having to watch them make painful decisions or when life hands them a plate of brussel sprouts when they ordered steak.

I face the same things they do in life but for some reason their trials always affect me with twice the magnitude that my own do. I can understand why the world craps on me but my friends don't deserve this. They are good people...They have to be to be able to put up with me.

Friendship is the answer to so many of life's dilemas. When you think your alone, somehow your friends always find a way to let you know that you are not. (Just so all of my friends know...YOU are not alone!! I love each and every one of you and would do anything for you) Each of my friends are unique. They each bring something special to the table. I see a lot of what I would like to be in them. IF only some of them would realize that! I am no one special. I am where I am in my life because I have an amazing support behind me. I just hope that I can be that support for them too.

I want a magic button so that I can make my friends happy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a good ballerina twirl...huh Marcus?

4:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that the mystery of friendship is that just when you think your life is made special because of your friends, your friends think they are special because of you. It took me a few seconds to get that out correctly, but after a careful review and analysis I think I worded that clear enough. Thanks for enduring the pain, bro.

1:07 AM

 
Blogger Marcus said...

See there my post was just proven correct. I had a horrible day yesterday and was feeling extremely depressed and horrible as a result today. Then someone comes along and leaves a comment on my blog that reminds me that no matter what stupid crap I have in my life, I am not alone. Gosh I love my friends!

1:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home